As we all know, there are a million fad diets and rip-the-pounds-off pills out there promising to make weight loss impossibly easy. And there are many “simple” diet tips that offer huge weight losses by using an exotic berry or powder. The only thing they have in common, besides their questionable weight loss results is that they all cost you money.
Here’s a diet tip for free. . . and it actually works! Instead of counting every calorie, try to choose foods that are built to help you lose weight. Starving your body doesn’t work, as most dieters already know, so feel free to have healthy portions if you keep the following tips in mind:
- Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. Not only are they low in calories, but they have natural sugars, tons of nutrients and minerals and a generous amount of water. . . and they fill you up.
- Fiber is your friend. It keeps your system working and helps the machine stay clean!
- Protein foods have been shown to curb your appetite as well as boost your metabolism to help you feel more energized. Try beans as a protein substitute – they provide the protein without extra fats.
- Soups and broths can be a useful snack provided they don’t have an abundance of salt (check the can’s ingredients or make a batch at home).
- Low fat dairy products in moderation will curb the cravings and provide minerals and nutrients. Yogurt comes in a variety of flavors and is a great source of healthy goodness!
- Lots of water helps the system work better and makes your skin look healthier. Try a squirt of lemon or lime in your water to turn it into a healthy substitute for sodas and colas.
You will see some weight loss success by simply eating a couple of raw vegetables and a glass of water before your meals, eat slowly and then stop eating as soon as you begin to feel full. If you get hungry in a few hours, try more veggies and keep drinking your water. You will see a noticeable weight loss sooner than you think!